Pageviews last month

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Unbreakable Shelly

Our professor has mentioned to us on more than one occasion that on our blogs, she has seen us discuss work from other people but that none of us have really discussed our own. Well, with that being said I am going to discuss a piece I did just for fun. I didn't spend a massive amount of time on it, it just was something that I produced on a whim. While listening to the song unbreakable by "four year strong" I really loved the lyrics. I wanted to show case them. 

There are two types used in this piece. All the script and humanist looking handwriting is Shelly Allegro Script and then the "unbreakable" is in fette fraktur. This song is all about strength, and not letting others put you down. It's about standing up for who you are, and off the bat a font I would associated with more would be a slab serrif, something more bold, with heavier strokes and probably a sans serif, so nevermind about the slab serif. I wanted to however portray elegance to the lyrics. The type face shelly doesn't have many variations at all but I love the fluidity of it. I especially love the elegance of the capitol W which is noticeable because We starts each sentence in the chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment