Pageviews last month

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Movie Typography

While searching for art that I wanted for my room, I remembered a site called society 6. It's a website and online store where artists can go on, and publish their work and have it produced for sale. I have bought a few pieces off it before, and recently while searching for new art I saw there was a typography section. One specific artist named Jerod Gibson has taken the task of taking some fantastic movies, and then typographically associating lines into a shape that is familiar with the movie. My favorite was this Fight Club one. All the type is crammed into a pink soap bar. The font is a Sans Serif, and is in all caps. If i'm guessing correctly as well it seems to a condensed or extra condensed variation of the font as well.

Here is the piece
And here is the link to Jerod Gibsons profile page on Society6.com
http://society6.com/artist/jerodgibson

No comments:

Post a Comment