Pageviews last month

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mrs Eaves

Named after John Baskervilles wife, Mrs Eaves to me is personally one of the most pleasing and legible type faces. It comes off as elegant (as it should for being named after a woman) but is also strong. I don't read to often however if I was to read a novel or short story, I would love to have the book printed with Mrs Eaves Roman. I first found this type face when reading through a required text for typograhpy and if this type face wasn't going to run away with $40+ dollars of mine, I would love to be able to write with it digitally.

Here are some examples of the type face, where you can also change examples of your text, see all the different variations and how it is affected by changing pt size.

http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/emigre/mrs-eaves/

1 comment:

  1. I am currently working on a web site for a Creative Director in SF. He has been working in the advertising industry for decades and this is the typeface he has chosen to represent his body of work. This must say something about the neutrality of its form. A lovely typeface. Elegant and sophisticated.....

    ReplyDelete